“Personalization is not a trend, it’s a marketing tsunami”, Avi Dan
Personalization targets an individual or prospective customer to build long-term relationships with the business. It is more of one-to-one marketing to make your prospect feel valued. Irrespective of the business domain or size, personalization assures you retention and growth of the user base. And, personalized customer service is much in demand. Everyone appreciates a person level interaction when it comes to addressing complaints, engagement and more.
According to a study by MarketingProfs, businesses offering personalized experience have an average increase of 19% in sales. Also, a Walker Study shows that by 2020, customer experience will overrule price and products in terms of key differentiators for any brand.
How to provide personalized customer service
1. Address your customers by their name & history: Whether making an inbound/outbound call, interact with your customers by their first name. But how to fetch the caller’s name? To resolve this tricky task, you should have Novelvox Unified Agent Desktop on your executives’ system. There’s more to it. According to a survey by Accenture, 89% of customers are frustrated with the repetition of their issues to multiple agents. So, Novelvox Unified Agent Desktop provides personal details, purchase details and history of transactions of the caller to the agent on a single screen, even before he answers the call. This further grows the confidence of the caller and allows him to deal with the customer’s query without toggling between the screens or keeping the person on hold.
2. Humanized chatting: Irrespective of the mode/tool for chatting remember to create an ambiance of one-one interaction. The customer should image you as having an eye to eye contact with a smile on the face. Live chats or chatbots are amazing engagement tools that can get your leads converted with humanized conversations. There should be a conversation history displayed to the agent and if required to the customer. This will again save the time lost in an explanation of the earlier/ongoing issues/interactions. Also, with the required details, it gets easy for the representative to have personalized pitching for the customer.
3. Customer segmentation: Offer tailor-made-solutions based on customer segments such as gold, diamond or platinum. Align high-star agents to engage your VIP customers who bring good conversion volume to your business. Understand their background and mentioning for a much-personalized conversation. Also, you can run loyalty programs for existing customers to make them feel special and valued. According to Aspect, 76% of all age customers consider customer service as a “true test” of how much the business values them.
These programs can feature personalized service, discounts or rewards to the targeted customer segment basis their purchase behavior and interest areas.
4. Social media to the solution: Another way to personalize your customer service is to offer multichannel engagement where social media rules the charts. This platform can be used for many more things but addressing concerns. These handles make you available to the customer at their preferred time and liked mode of interaction. It is one of the best platforms to pitch personalized recommendations, assistance to a new customer, collect feedback and implement, send personal wishes to customers on special occasions and stay connected.
5. Supervise activities: One of the most imperative needs of the hour is to supervise your agents or customer care executives. To make this tedious task much simpler you require a support system that offers an overview of real-time activities. This includes information of agents in ready and not read state, silent monitoring, calls that require you to barge in and more. You can opt for NovelVox Supervisor Desktop. Further, to save your customer base from depleting, for the new agents or not so efficient ones, you can have a script ready using call center agent scripting tool. This is likely to offer uniformity in call responding.
Benefits of personalized customer service
Personalized customer experience creates a “win-win” situation for the business and its customers. A report states, companies focusing on customer experience are likely to receive 60% higher profits. Further personalization offers the opportunity for
- Cross-selling products
– With a good repo building and agents saving on time lost in knowing the caller’s history, the business can utilize this for cross-selling or up-selling products and services to their happy customers.
- Overruling the competition
– This feature helps you outstand the crowd and easily win over your competitors. You get word-of-mouth marketing for your brand that makes it easy to get customers lying in the competitor’s bucket.
- Builds loyalty
– Personalization further helps in building loyal customers and expanding your business reputation. Subsequently increasing your customer base.
Last but not least, personalization contributes to the achievement of your bottom line. It is not easy to please all your customers but a small initiative can turn small houses into castles. How do you personalize your customer experience? Do let us know in the comment section below.